Throwing a salad together seems simple enough, but does simple mean boring?
Salad generally isn’t something we search around to find new recipes for — it’s usually the same old routine, which can indeed become drab. But guess what? It doesn’t have to be that way. (Whew)
It’s time to mix things up and make salads exciting, delicious and something you crave and once you get creative and find your flow, this will undoubtedly be the case!
I certainly don’t have to convince you that salads are good for you. Salads generously provide you a healthy helping of nutrient-packed greens, nourishing raw veggies and an extra pep in your step afterwards.
With so many perks all in one bowl, it’s time to re-kindle your relationship with salads and get them back on your plate.
Here are 3 tips for making killer salads that you will long for:
- Use ingredients that are fresh and in season. Take a trip to the Farmers Market or your local healthy grocery store to pick up some local, fresh and in season produce…your taste buds will thank you. Try spinach, red leaf lettuce, fennel, Swiss chard, beets, or beet tops. Mustard greens will give you nice peppery taste! Butter crunch lettuce happens to be my favorite, it’s nice and tender. Mmm. The possibilities are endless.
- Mix it up. Get creative with your ingredients and play with mixing textures. Combining raw veggies with one cooked veggie can really take it up a notch. For example, roasting some broccoli, mushrooms or onions to add to your salad will add an interesting and delicious element to your plate. Do you already have some ideas brewing? Don’t forget the fruit! Adding berries to a summer salad is refreshing and quenches that taste for something sweet. To make a hearty, satisfying salad don’t forget to add a protein or fat. Some examples to try are pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, left over chicken or beef, tuna, or hard boiled eggs. If you can tolerate them, give quinoa or hemp seeds a try.
- Spin your greens. After you wash your greens, spinning them dry will help them not become soggy or too wet to absorb your ingredients and dressing. So break out that Salad Spinner and spin away!
Are your ideas brewing already? What are you inspired to throw in your next salad?
I know you’ll want something special to put atop that delectable salad in your near future, so I’ve included one of my favorite easy, homemade salad dressing recipes for you below. Give it a try!
- Extra Virgin Olive oil — 1/4 cup
- Braggs Raw Apple Cider Vinegar — 1/4 cup
- Coconut oil – 2 TBSP
- Fresh Tarragon – 1 TBSP
- Fresh Parsley – 1 TBSP
- Fresh Basil – 1 TBSP
- One fresh orange segment (or 1 TBSP freshly squeezed orange juice)
- Stevia leaves – 3-4 leaves, optional
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend at high speed for 30 seconds.
Store the extra dressing in a glass jar with lid. Shake well before using.
My Favorite salad is Fresh Fennel and Citrus
- 1 fresh fennel bulb thinly sliced
- 1 orange peeled and cut into sections
- 2-3 TBSP of coconut oil
- 1 TBSP of lemon or lime juice
- Optional, fresh mint leaves
- Optional, a handful of soaked, (Re)dried, chopped walnuts
- Black pepper and sea salt to taste
Toss all the ingredients to combine and enjoy!
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
Do you intend to lose weight, eat healthy, and feel fantastic? Make a plan to succeed by getting the support you need! As a Health Coach, I specialize in helping people make their own healthy changes. Ready to get started? Schedule an initial complimentary consultation with me today 717-781-7098! Or Email: Transformation@AmandaGoodwin.Biz
PS. With so much evidence of the dangers of sugar, isn’t it time to get your Sweet Tooth under control? Eating healthy doesn’t have to be hard, and I know from personal experience how much it matters. Are you ready to finally get over those sugar cravings, lose weight and feel great? Sign up and immediately receive “5 Recipes to Kick Your Sugar Addiction!” >> https://amandagoodwin.biz/5-recipes-to-kick-your-sugar-addiction3022-2/
Are you tired, feeling older than your age, bloated, constipated, and embarrassed about your weight? Are you sick and tired of feeling sick and tired? Then sign up to receive the 16 page e-book: “5 Foods That Will Help You Lose Weight Naturally!” >> https://amandagoodwin.biz/free-ebook-5-foods-that-will-help-you-lose-weight-naturally/