Get happier with my magic formula
What makes you smile? Laugh? Go giddy with glee? For some, it’s a walk barefoot through the grass. For another, it’s a spin on a roller coaster, a solo movie date, or a perfectly ripe mango.
So… when was the last time you did something that makes you happy?
If it’s been awhile, consider this: Happiness lowers stress levels, increases immune system function, and lowers your risk of disease. It also makes life easier.
The Magic Formula for Daily Pleasure
Doing one pleasurable thing per day (or more!) is the most powerful antidote for gray, boring, or stressful days. Try this:
- Make an “I love” list. List everything that you enjoy—nothing is too small or too large. If you enjoy it, get it on the list.
- Take a look at how you spend your days. When could you fit in a little pleasure? Perhaps you could leave the office at lunch to walk in the park? Maybe you could play your favorite music while doing the dishes? Book yourself a massage this weekend?
- Repeat daily—or more often, as needed.
To get you started down the road of pleasure, give these luscious recipes a try:
Magic Banana Ice Cream
2 – 8 ripe bananas, peeled, cut into chunks and frozen overnight (6 to 8 hours)
Remove bananas from the freezer and thaw 5-10 minutes. Place banana chunks in a food processor and puree until you achieve ice-cream consistency. That’s it! Seriously!
Toppings (It’s always good to have options!)
- Top with crunchy Cacao nibs
- Top with ½ cup of roasted walnuts (heat in pan for about 5 – 10 minutes. Watch so they don’t burn.)
- Sprinkle cinnamon
- Drizzle maple syrup
- Drizzle vanilla extract
- Add frozen blueberries/strawberries/raspberries/blackberries/fresh goji berries, or any kind of frozen fruit you like!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 mango, peeled and diced
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ tablespoon raw, organic honey or grade A maple syrup (Optional if you have blood sugar or yeast issues.)
1 cup large ripe banana
- Process first 4 ingredients in a blender.
- Blend for 1 minute, or until pureed.
- Pour puree into a medium bowl.
- Whip banana in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy.
- Fold banana ‘whipped cream’ into mango puree, using a knife to swirl in a marbled effect.
Makes 2 servingsIngredients:
6 ripe avocados
2 very ripe bananas
1 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup (or less) organic maple syrup or raw honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
Dash of cinnamon
Puree all ingredients in a Vitamix or food processor until smooth and fluffy. Serve immediately or store in glass bowl, press a piece of plastic wrap onto the top of the pudding and refrigerate.
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
Are you curious about how happy good health can make you feel? As a Health Coach I can help you make your own healthy changes. Let’s talk! Schedule an initial complimentary consultation with me today! 717-781-7098 or Transformation@AmandaGoodwin.Biz
*Recipes from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition