20 Healthy Snack Ideas
The key to healthy snacking is to find foods that have the most nourishment as possible, which will fill you up so you aren’t hungry again a short time later.
For example: A 100-calorie pack of chips or cookies will leave you feeling hungry again very soon AND they are not providing you with any nutrients. If you eat a banana and a few almonds, you are eating something nutritious (vitamins, minerals, fiber, etc.) that will fill you up longer (and help you feel better) and help you avoid the sugar crash.
The more “whole foods” (unprocessed or minimally processed) you eat, the better.
Have different snacks during the week to keep it interesting and to increase the different types of nutrients you are getting.
Note: Eating organic is best, but do what your budget and preferences allow.
- Sunflower seeds and raisins
- Celery and almond butter (or sun butter) 1-2 tbsp
- Mary’s Gone Crackers, crackers with hummus
- Organic Tortilla Chips and salsa or guacamole (for those that just HAVE to have chips).
- Veggie sticks (celery, carrots, cucumber) and hummus or guacamole
- Kale chips (make your own) – for recipes visit: AllRecipes.com
- Zucchini oven chips (make your own)
- Sweet potato chips or fries (make your own)
- Apple slices with almond butter or sun butter
- Pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries
- Green smoothie with flax or chia seeds
- Fresh fruit
- Make your own trail mix with raw nuts seeds and dried fruit
- Baby carrots and/or celery, cucumber with hummus
- Dinner leftovers
- Salad with a variety of vegetables and olive oil-based dressing
- For an easy on-the-go snack, check out Lara Bars (get the ones without added sugar)
- Mixed berries (or mixed berry smoothie with flax seeds or chia seeds)
- Hardboiled eggs.
- Almonds, walnuts or cashews (a small palm full is usually a serving)
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
Do you intend to lose weight, eat healthy, and feel fantastic? Make a plan to succeed by getting the support you need! As a Health Coach, I specialize in helping people make their own healthy changes. Ready to get started? Schedule an initial complimentary consultation with me today! 717-781-7098 or Transformation@amandagoodwin.biz
Are you tired, feeling older than your age, bloated, constipated, and embarrassed about your weight? Are you sick and tired of feeling sick and tired? Then sign up to receive the 16 page e-book: 5 Foods That Will Help You Lose Weight Naturally! >> https://amandagoodwin.biz/free-ebook-5-foods-that-will-help-you-lose-weight-naturally/