I love helping clients understand their thyroid labs, what their numbers mean for them, and then what they need to do about it!
Here Are The Top 5 Thyroid Patterns
1. Classic Hypothyroidism: TSH is high (Above 2) and T4 is Low, and T3 is normal.
2. Hypothalamus – Pituitary – Thyroid Issue: Low TSH 1.8 or under (Classically .9 or under) with a low FT4. This shows the brain is not communicating with the thyroid to make thyroid hormone.
3. Conversion Issue: TSH is OK around 1, T4 is normal or low normal, but T3 is Low, or very low. (Depending on the lab 60-100, for example.) This means the hypothalamus and pituitary are talking to the thyroid, as the T4 is there, but the body is not converting to the active form, T3.
4. Autoimmunity: Positive antibodies for Grave’s and or Hashimoto’s. You can have both, at the same time! (Some do test negative, even while having Hashimoto’s.) So this can also be seen by an ultrasound.
OR an OK TSH, Low Total T3 and Low Total T4, with a high Free T3 and High Free T4. So this makes it look like your Free T3 and FT4 are good at around 3.5 and 1.4, but because it’s low in the total form this means it’s not getting into your cells. So you’ll still have hypothyroid symptoms, even though the Free numbers look good on paper. These numbers are high because it’s building up in the blood, but not getting into the cells where it needs to be.
90% of those with thyroid issues have an autoimmune component to their thyroid pattern! All the T4 medication (Synthroid/Levothyroixine) in the world will not address the immune system.
5. RT3 another conversion issue. Because T4 converts to T3 and RT3 this ratio needs to be checked. (T3 to RT3) For example RT3 can be in range at 22, but that can be too high, especially if the Total and Free T4 and T3 are too low.
Do you know which pattern you are? Or, do you have another pattern you have been diagnosed with such as Grave’s or Hyperthyroidism?
If you would like to increase your energy or lose weight email me today to scheduled your free 30-minute phone consultation! Transformation@AmandaGoodwin.Biz
BONUS: If you’re like I used to be, you have likely been struggling to find the right doctor, the right tests, understand lab ranges, and the best medications for your body. You’ve likely tried a number of diets and strategies that haven’t worked.
I know how frustrating this can be, and how confusing it is to try to make sense of all the conflicting information out there.
That’s why I put together this guide! ~ Top 5 Tips to Optimize Your Thyroid! Grab your guide here. >> https://amandagoodwin.biz/free-15-page-e-book-5-tips-that-will-help-you-understand-and-optimize-your-thyroid/
Would you like to meet Health Coach Amanda in person? Stop by the book-nook at Sonnewald Natural Foods 9/24 from 10-1. Learn more here. –> https://amandagoodwin.biz/have-you-ever-wanted-to-meet-health-coach-amanda-in-person/
Please note: The suggestions and advice offered should never be construed for medical advice. I am not a medical doctor. Please see your doctor to diagnose and treat any medical condition.